Years ago, I would try to complain to a mentor of mine. His response always got my attention. Once I was done venting, he’d smile and say, “Praise the Lord.” To be honest, it wasn’t what I wanted to hear. But it was exactly what I needed to hear.
These days, it’s easy to complain and to feel justified in doing so. But I want to remind you in the midst of it all, “Praise the Lord!” (Psalm 1471)
Here are just a few things we can praise the Lord for at Cornerstone!
1) We’ve set more chairs up for our Sunday gatherings! Praise the Lord!
I want to invite you to join us in person on Sundays again. We continue to be cautious. We encourage face coverings and social distancing. The auditorium including the chairs are being sanitized each week.
Of course, if you don’t feel comfortable at this time, we will continue to live stream for those who wish to stay home for now.
2) Cornerstone Kids is beginning to operate again with teachers and leaders signed-up through the next month. Praise the Lord!
Thank you to Lorraine and those who are helping with our Cornerstone Kids for this vital ministry.
3) For our Cornerstone Leadership: Praise the Lord!
2020 was a very stressful and unpredictable year. The leadership found themselves in situations that changed in a moment’s notice. With shifting guidelines and differences of opinions, the leadership of our church family were stretched. But in the end, they sought biblical wisdom, Christian unity, and strove to enhance the reputation of Jesus Christ in this community.
4) And for YOU! You are important to this church family: Praise the Lord for your prayers, service and support. May God continue to guide, direct, grow, and be praised through this wonderful Cornerstone church family!
More ways to stay connected:
- If you aren't able to attend in person, Watch our livestream every Sunday morning at 10:00 am.
- Look for words of hope and encouragement on our Facebook page. About every other day we hope to have a short video to uplift and encourage your heart.
- Take this opportunity to lead your family in worship. Look for creative ways to help your kids learn about and put trust in God during this time. We hope to be providing you with help in this along the way. As we discover resources, we will pass them on to you on our website and Facebook page.
- Look for ways to love on and care for each other. We have many wonderful mature saints who are part of our church family and are in greater threat by COVID-19. See if they need anything. Ask if you can pick some things up for them at the store. Or, just call them to check up on them. Let’s be a church family who takes cares of every member of the family. Click here to see how you can help out.
- Look for ways to share the hope of Jesus Christ with your family, friends and neighbors who may not have a relationship with Him. Invite them to watch our Facebook videos or our Sunday morning live stream videos. You may consider how to love them as Christ would. Maybe even giving them some of your toilet paper for free.
- Finally, as your pastor, I am asking that if you are able to continue to give faithfully to Cornerstone during this time of crisis, please do so online so that we can continue to support the needs of our church family. Click here to make a one time donation or set up a recurring gift. You can also mail in your offering to the church office at 675 NE 10th St., Madras, OR., 97741. We realize some of you have been—or will be—challenged financially because of this crisis, but others are still stable in their jobs. As always, please give as the Lord moves your heart (2 Corinthians 9:6-7).
If you have any needs or would like someone to pray with you, please let us know here.
Sign up for the Cornerstone Baptist Newsletter below. The newsletter will be emailed twice a month, and will help keep you up to date with whats happening in the church.
Looking For A Past Newsletter? Click Here